Everone loves playing with Play Dough, it keeps children, and adults amused for ages!
We use play dough in ELSA to let our children express themselves.
What you need:
- 1 tbsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup salt
- 3 tbsp (any) oil
- 2 cups boiling water
- food colouring (choose desired colours, easiest to stick to 2 or 3 choices at a time)
- adult assistance
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Be careful as the boiling water increases the temperature of the dough and can be too hot to hold at times. You may want to use a utensil to do the initial mix.
- If the dough is too sticky when kneading, add a little flour. If it is too dry, add a little water. These amounts must be minimal additions as it's best not to upset the balance between ingredient quantities.
- It is not necessary to wear gloves, most food colouring washes off with hot soapy water.
- Store in cling wrap, ziplock bags or an airtight container.